The purpose of these scholarships administered by the Longmont Community Foundation is to provide funding to encourage women to pursue higher education in order to increase their ability to have a positive impact in their field and community, including women returning to school to update their knowledge or skills.
At least one student each year will be selected to receive a $1,000 scholarship. The scholarship will be awarded to one or more women who meet all of the following:
- Has completed a minimum of 30 college credit hours at the time of application
- Is currently working towards an undergraduate degree, graduate degree, or certificate at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university in the United States (full-time or part-time)
- Is pursuing a career that promotes equity for women and girls, education, health, and or positive societal change
- Has a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Has either graduated from a St. Vrain Valley School District high school or is a current resident within the geographical boundaries of the St. Vrain Valley School District.
Applications are posted on the Longmont Community Foundation site near the end of each calendar year, with a deadline of mid-March the following year. For specific dates and other information, an application form and application procedures visit LCF’s website: https://longmontfoundation.org/funds/scholarships-awards/